Course Members priority book
Start-Up Essentials: Marketing Basics
How do you turn a creative idea into a successful business? Whether it’s setting up a design studio, digital agency, or running a gallery, knowing the basics of business is an essential part of launching a new venture.
Led by Creative Entrepreneurs, this is the third in the ‘Start-Up Essentials’ series. This three-part course will dig deep into the key elements of marketing. Through seminar discussions and hands-on activities, participants will gain the skills and knowledge they need to begin to turn their creative ideas into business reality.
Whether you have already started a creative business, have an idea for a new one or just want to learn more, we welcome you to join this course.
Session One: Your Brand
• Overview: What is a brand?
• Defining your brand’s DNA
• Developing your brand’s positioning
• Building a brand tone of voice and key messaging
• Developing a brand look and feel
• Creating a brand customer experience
Session Two: Social Media
• Overview: What is social media marketing?
• Introduction to marketing on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Snapchat
• Introduction to video content marketing
• Building paid social ad campaigns
• Measuring and monitoring your social media presence; key metrics, monitoring tools and approaches to reporting
Session Three: Communications & PR
• Overview: What is communications and why is it crucial to marketing your startup?
• Engaging journalists and influencers
• How to write a press release
• Introduction to content marketing
• Crisis management
Session 1 - Brand
Carolyn is the Founder of Creative Entrepreneurs and was previously MD of Time Warner International, London, including responsibility for the Time Warner brand and those of its group companies HBO, Warner Bros., CNN and TIME Inc. She has been named by WIRED Magazine as one of the Top 10 women 'Digital Power Brokers’ and by BIMA as one of the Top 10 Entrepreneurs shaping the future of Britain’s digital industry.
Session 2 - Social Media
Session 3 - Communications & PR
John is Senior Account Director at The Communications Store, the leading strategic communications company that partners with the most respected creative innovators, including brands such as Charlotte Tilbury and Roksanda Ilincic. He is also a visiting lecturer at Central Saint Martins for BA Fashion Journalism and MA Fashion Communications. John began his career in fashion journalism.