Course Book now
Start-up Essentials: Building a Website for Your Creative Start-Up
Having a beautiful but functional website is vital to the success of any creative business. However, many creative entrepreneurs struggle to find the right support when it comes to building their website. This one-day course, led by industry experts, introduces the practical steps and options you need to know about to build a successful website for your creative start-up.
From registering domain names to finding a hosting service and developing an SEO strategy to integrating payment platforms, this course will reveal the steps needed to build the most successful site for your creative start-up, to allow your business to thrive.
Led by Creative Entrepreneurs, this is the fourth in our ‘Start-up Essentials’ series of courses, designed to help people turn their creative ideas into business reality. Everyone is welcome to attend this course. Whether you have already started a creative business, have an idea for a new one or just want to learn more, we welcome you to join this course.
Session One: Basics & Website Builders
Ashley Curtlin, Denfield
• Finding and registering a domain name
• What to look for when finding a web hosting service
• Introduction to website builders and templates
• Using a website template vs a bespoke build
Session Two: Bespoke Websites
• Where to find designers and programmers
• How to work with designers and programmers to build bespoke sites
• Top tips for project managing bespoke website builds
Session Three: Integrating & Optimising
Paul Stephen, Sagittarius
• Introduction to User Experience (UX) design and top tips
• Introduction to Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and how to build a strategy
• How to integrate your website with email marketing software, CRMs and social media
SESSION 3: Integrating & Optimising
Paul is one of the UK’s leading experts in digital marketing and is CEO at Sagittarius. He often lectures and consults both nationally and internationally within the industry to help brands think outside the traditional vertical and horizontal channels to transform their business with creative multi-channel marketing and digital reinvention.